More Information Coming Soon
More Information Coming Soon
- Discuss indications, contraindications and clinical scenarios of ketamine use in the emergency department.
- Describe the historical perspective of antibiotic use.
- Define classes of antibiotics and examples of each class.
- Define antibiograms and their use.
- Review symptoms of psychiatric disorders with interfering and disruptive behavior.
- Identify strategies to effectively intervene using a variety of practice situations when caring for a mentally ill patient in the ED.
- Differentiate compromised airway to airway emergencies.
- Discuss devices and equipment used in order to obtain a secure airway.
- List medications used during a medicated-assisted airway.
- Identify both common and less frequently encountered pediatric emergencies.
- Outline the pathophysiology of some unusual pediatric diseases.
- Review national findings of heroin addiction and address issues specific to Iowa.
- Discuss heroin prevention education being done in schools and Iowa communities
Dear Company Representative:
The Iowa Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is sponsoring our 23rd Annual Emergency Nursing Conference April 11th, 2017. The conference will be held at Iowa Methodist’s Education and Research building in Des Moines. This one day seminar is designed to provide our Iowa State emergency nurses with information pertinent to practice in the emergency and critical care arenas.
The Iowa ENA is a non-profit organization. Please mark this date on your calendar if you are interested in sponsoring an exhibit this year. You can also help sponsor our efforts with a cash donation, door prizes, or by sponsoring a break. All sponsors will be recognized in the participant packet.
We greatly appreciate your support in the past and thank you for considering our invitation to be part of this year’s state conference.
Exhibit Rates: $250 and includes one 8 ft. table, skirted on 3 sides, chair, meals, and your company name in the syllabus.
Exhibit Information: The area will be open for set up at 6:30 a.m. the day of event or possibly the previous afternoon. More will be communicated about this at a later date. Access to the Thompson Auditorium/Education and Resource Center is possible via a loading zone at south doors of Education and Resource Center building on 1415 Woodland. Or you may access from the hospital parking garage (entrance from north). Take the SE elevators to ground level. Doors will open directly to the lobby and exhibitor tables.
Registration: Visit our website http://www.iowaena.org/ click on the link 2017 Iowa ENA Conference under latest news, and then click on Exhibitor under the registration heading.
If you have any questions, please call or email
1801 Hickman Road
Des Moines, IA 50314
Includes one 8 ft. table, skirted on 3 sides, chair, meals, and your company name in the syllabus.