Registered Nurse - Emergency Dept. - Part Time - Nights New
The Mercy registered nurse must hold an active license to practice nursing in the state of Iowa. A baccalaureate degree in nursing and certification by a nationally recognized nursing organization is preferred and strongly encouraged. An applicant must have a minimum of an associate’s degree in nursing. The registered nurse continuously seeks opportunities to enhance his or her own professional nursing practice. Membership in an appropriate professional nursing organization is recommended.
Mercy Medical Center promotes excellence in nursing practice and a thriving professional practice environment, as evidenced by our designation as a Magnet Hospital. Consistent with the American Nurses Association’s Nursing Social Policy Statement (2010), we support the definition of professional nursing and the essential features of contemporary nursing practice including:
- Provision of a caring relationship that facilitates health and healing
- Attention to the range of human experiences and responses to health, disease, and illness within the physical and social environments
- Integration of objective data with knowledge gained from an appreciation of the patient’s or group’s subjective experience
- Application of scientific knowledge to the processes of diagnosis and treatment through the use of judgment and critical thinking
- Advancement of professional nursing knowledge through scholarly inquiry
- Influence of social and public policy to promote social justice
Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.