Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse
Benefis Health System Website
No recruiters please
Provides direct and indirect patient care. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per unit care area statement.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Ability to implement and revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Ability to perform , interpret, and take appropriate action on waived testing (point-of-care testing) per Clinical Laboratory’s standards
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning. Family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Answers patients' call lights, anticipates patients' needs and makes safety rounds of patients.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Participates in patient care conferences.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Nurse Manager, co-workers and physicians.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
Be the first to see new jobs near Great Falls, MT!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks